Application Closes: September 15, 2022
The ADB Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
Selection Process ADB Internship
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
- Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
- 1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
- 2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
- 3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
Frequently Asked Question:
- Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
- Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).