Closing Dates: Sunday 27 March 2022.
Hurry now! Application calls for the 2022 Basia Zaba Memorial International Scholarship Research Award in UK. This scholarship grants is open for the 2022/2023 academic session to all very high achieving applicants who wish to commence study in the UK.
The grant is provided by Professor Basia Zaba. She started her long association with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 1975 when she enrolled for the MSc in Medical Demography (the precursor to the MSc Demography & Health). She stayed on to work as a Research Fellow, leaving in 1980 to spend eight years in Trinidad. She initially worked for the UN Economic Commission for Latin America, and later took a part-time position at the University of the West Indies.
How to Apply
To apply for this funding applicants should follow both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for the MSc Demography and Health, via the LSHTM Admissions portal.
Step 2: Submit a Scholarship Application, via the School’s Online Scholarship Application, indicating that you are applying for the 2022-23 Basia Zaba Memorial Scholarship. As part of this application you should upload a completed Basia Zaba Memorial Scholarship Supplementary Questions Form (this is the only document which should be uploaded with the scholarship application).
The scholarship is open to applicants who have been accepted onto the 2022-23 intensive MSc Demography & Health.
Preference will be given to prospective students with a demonstrable interest in the field of demographic estimation, or, the demography of low-income countries.
Applicants must meet the School’s minimum English language proficiency requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
University: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Eligibility for 2022 Basia Zaba Memorial International Scholarship Research Award in UK:
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2022-23 London-based MSc Demography & Health application for study and/or have been made an Offer of Admission for the 2022-23 London-based MSc Demography & Health programme should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Please ensure that all the necessary supporting documents have been uploaded to your study application before the Scholarship deadline. Applicants are encouraged to communicate with their referees as early as possible in the application process, notifying them of this deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their references have been submitted by the scholarship closing date.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications are those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above.
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
Applicants are encouraged to read the information/guidance and Terms & Conditions ahead of submitting their funding application.
- Decisions will be reached, and all applicants notified of the outcome, in early May 2022.