Closing Dates: Applications must be received by May 2022. Please consult the application receiving authority for the deadline of each year.
Do you know that China is one of the leading countries with great and seamless innovative technologies to assist mankind with their dealings? The Xiamen University is delighted to offer the MOFCOM Scholarship Awards for International Students in China for the 2022/23 academic session.
The scholarship seeks to assist high achieving and academic intellectual scholars who wish to commence a Master’s or PhD degree course work at the University.
About 2022 MOFCOM Scholarship Awards :
Established in the year 1921, the Xiamen University is one of the prestigious institutions designated as a national, central University in China. It is a large teaching and research university offering 82 undergraduate programs.
The University is known for its strong team of faculty and staff that provides a fairly complete range of educational programs to the students. Xiamen University actively participates in exchange programs and collaborative research projects and regularly hosts international symposia to enlarge the skills of its students.
To be selected for this program, applicants must be;
- A citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45;
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In the recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
Applicants have to submit the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)
How To Apply:
To apply for these scholarship grants, students must apply for the position via an online university portal. Then, visit www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”), and print the hard copy.
Applicants must submit the following documents alongside their applications;
- Photocopy of the highest diploma
- Photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the attached Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application.
- Two recommendation letters, including one from the current employer and one from an academic perspective
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Certificate of No Criminal Records.
The University will offer the following application perks to deserving applicants:
- Students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fees;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students, and a maximum of “n-1.”
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.