Application closes August 14, 2022
Excellent deal! The Eindhoven University of Technology is pleased to offer international scholarship awards in the Netherlands to all exceptional and interested applicants for the academic year 2022/23.
The scholarship grant is given to talented students who have a financial disadvantage yet want to start a degree program at the institution.
The goal of this application is to assist high-potential international applicants who wish to pursue a PhD or postdoctoral degree at the university. This is a fully supported job for a four-year PhD researcher and a one-year postdoctoral researcher in the wide areas of mathematical system theory, control engineering, process control, (mechatronic) system design, identification, optimization, and learning.
About Eindhoven University of Technology:
The Eindhoven University of Technology is well-known for developing engineers that can solve problems that have not yet emerged. The unique teaching technique utilized in Eindhoven was created as a result of cutting-edge research to help students acquire the information and skills they would need in the future.
Applicants can undertake any research programme in the broad area of mathematical system theory, control engineering, process control, (mechatronic) system design, identification, optimization, and learning. The positions can be either related to fundamental research or applied research.
The Eindhoven University of Technology will provide the following study expenses:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities. Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called “30% facility”, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
Job requirements PhD
- PhD in systems and control, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high-quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
Job requirements Postdoctoral
- A master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree)?in systems and control or another relevant engineering field.
- A research-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and interested in collaborating with industrial partners.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level).
Mode of Application:
- Interested students may apply to any of the TU/e research programs. Applicants who have been approved in their respective fields will be considered.
Applicants will be asked to submit the following documents
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Indicate the level of professorship that you aspire and fits your qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages)
- For taking admission, candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.