Application closes: October 31, 2022
Great news! Dr. Cecil Renaud is delighted to offer exceptional South African the Cecil Renaud Overseas scholarship grants to interested students who want to commence study in the UK.
The international scholarship, granted annually to one or two students, is awarded for a maximum of two years of post-graduate study (Master’s degree (or equivalent) or PhD) in the United Kingdom at a university of the student’s choice.
About Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship
Since 1994, we have awarded 28 scholarships to the best and brightest young South Africans. In past years students who have been awarded the Scholarship have attended, inter alia, the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford and the University of London across a wide range of disciplines. This Scholarship is available only to students who completed their secondary schooling at any school in KwaZulu-Natal, and you must be in your final year of a postgraduate honours degree, or four year undergraduate degree.
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Applicants should have attained, or aim to achieve, undergraduate or honours degree(s) cum laude or summa cum laude; and additionally, have achieved Dean’s Commendations and Certificates of Merit or equivalent.
- WILL LEAVE BIG FOOTPRINTS: We’re looking for candidates who will have a significant impact on both their field of study and the world.
- ATTENDED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN KZN: Applicants must have completed a major part of their secondary schooling in KwaZulu-Natal and be under the age of 27 at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- STUDYING AT A SOUTH AFRICAN UNIVERSITY: The scholarship is open to postgraduate students who have completed or are currently studying towards an honours degree or a four-year undergraduate degree.
- EVIDENCE OF FOCUS, COMMITMENT, STAMINA AND LEADERSHIP: A good track record in extracurricular activities and a drive to succeed and uplift South Africa.
- ANY FIELD OF STUDY: Former scholars have read towards various fields, including an MPhil in Development Studies, an MA in Applied Theology, an MSc in Mathematics, and an MA in Singing.