Deadline for Application: October 31, 2022
Hurray! The University of Pretoria is delighted to offer the Fully Funded 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Grants in South Africa.
This application grant is available to all exceptional African students who wish to earn a degree but are under financial constraints. The scholarship grant is open for the 2023/24 academic session.
Community service and internships are indispensable components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to designated students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities. Applicants should not already be in possession of a Masters Degree/ Qualification.
The following courses are available for application:
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Africans that will cover the following:
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- Textbooks and printed material
- VISA costs
- Leadership development opportunities
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Academic advising and counseling support.
Method of Application
Please follow the following application instructions to avail Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
(1) You may apply online here.
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre, Hatfield
Pretoria 0028, South Africa
(2) The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome. Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
(3) Download application forms for the MCFSP from here.
For more information and application inquiries can be directed to:
Tel: 012 420 4297
To qualify for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- You must have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels.