Closing Dates: 15th November 2021
Application Calls for the Approved Africa and Middle East Scholarship Awards in Switzerland 2022. This scholarship award is available to all international applicants who wish to take a Master’s or PhD degree at the University.
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies is excited to support the education of the brightest postgraduates from Africa and Middle East countries in Switzerland through its scholarships programme.
The scholarship programme has been established for postgraduate students from the Middle East and African countries for the academic year 2022-2023. Master or PhD study programmes are eligible to apply for and gain support through this grant.
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, or the Graduate Institute, is a government-accredited postgraduate institution of higher education entirely devoted to the study of international issues. It is ranked 15th in the entire country of Switzerland.
At the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, the courses are taught in English, and to a lesser extent in French and a combination of conceptual, theoretical, methodological, and practical foundations.
- Master’s degree
- PhD degree
The selected PhD candidates will be provided scholarships towards the educational cost of a postgraduate study programme at IHEID.
Method Of Application:
- How to Apply: The students must register, log in, and complete their application process to enrol themselves via Moddle Portal. Students interested to apply for the opportunity are required to fill the Financial Aid form available at the time of application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter describing why you wish to study at the Institute (800 words maximum, in French or English)
- Curriculum vitae/resume (in French or English)
- Official academic transcripts showing all coursework attempted, accompanied by grade scales and their value (credits)
- Copy of all university diplomas and qualifications obtained
- Copy of your passport ID/personal details page
- Two academic references
- Cover letter explaining financial need
- Copy of your and your parents’/spouse’s most recent tax certificate or tax declaration
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to their study programme, from an accredited university. Professional experience and extracurricular activities are not compulsory but can be an asset to the application.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to prove English language proficiency. TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CEP test scores are accepted.
Eligibility for Approved Africa and Middle East Scholarship Awards in Switzerland 2022.
- Eligible Countries: the Middle East and Africa
- Eligible Programmes: Students can undertake master’s or PhD degree programmes offered at the Institute.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible:
- The applicants must have a diploma degree from the Middle East or African university.
- The applicants must demonstrate financial need and excellent academic interest and performance.
- University:Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- Department: Not stated
- Degree Level: Master’s and PhD
- Grants: Tuition Fee
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants:Not Stated