Closing Dates: August 31, 2021
Hurry now! The University of British Columbia is glad to offer the Edwin S.H. Leong CSC UBC PhD international awards for the academic year 2021/2022.
This scholarship offer is provided by Tai Hung Fai Charitable Foundation in conjunction with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to offer outstanding and notable students an opportunity to commence a PhD degree course work at the University in Canada.
Founded in 1908, the University of British Columbia is the country’s oldest research university. It provides students with a diverse range of study options through its several undergraduate and graduate degree programmes.
International students are supported by the institution through a number of in-program and award opportunities. It creates a world-class learning environment that promotes global citizenship, promotes a civil and sustainable society, and funds cutting-edge research that benefits people.
Application Type: PhD degree Scholarship
Table of Contents
The program will provide a stipend of $35,000 per year, partially funded by the China Scholarship Council ($26,400) and partially funded by the Tai Hung Fai Foundation ($8,600).
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of British Columbia.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements page.
Eligibility for Approved University of British Columbia International PhD Awards in Canada 2021:
- Eligible Countries: Be citizens of the mainland of the People’s Republic of China
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in the field of Health, Natural Sciences, Natural Resources, Economics or Business.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Receive CSC funding
- Be citizens of the mainland of the People’s Republic of China
- Be starting a doctoral program at either UBC campus in May 2021, September 2021, January 2020, May 2020, September 2020 or January 2021
- Be undertaking research in one of the following areas: health, natural sciences, natural resources, economics or business
- University: University of British Columbia
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level:PhD
- Grants: $35,000
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: China
- To access Grant:Canada