Closing Dates: April 29, 2022
To see young people excel and provide the world with good journalism at large, the Investintech.com, Inc. is pleased to announce its annual scholarship contest to Canadian and journalism students.
The main goal for this scholarship is to support and encourage journalism students by helping them with the costs of their education, which can often be a hindrance to their career.
Additionally, the organisation intend for this scholarship to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career path as a journalist by getting them to think about the industry and its ever increasing emphasis on data.
The CAJ is a notable journalism organisation that provides Canadian journalists with support, mentorship, community, and resources across the country.
The Journalism Scholarship is open to all students with proven journalism skills and an interest in data journalism. Eligible students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of any program.
- Show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story, or be working for a college publication, etc.
- Currently accepted or enrolled in a college or university in Canada.
- Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- $1,000.00 CAD
- Free one year membership with the CAJ
- One free pass to the annual CAJ national conference in Montreal in May 2022*
Applicants are to submit their entry with the following Documents:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Educational Institute (college or university)
- Your journalism experience: internships, school newspapers, relevant positions, blogs, etc.
- A short 100 – 200 word bio, profile picture, and 1-2 professional or social links.
Selection Process for Canadian Journalism Scholarship Award 2022:
Application entries will be evaluated according to the criteria below:
- Follow all submission rules and complete full details
- Submissions must be in English or in French
- Minimum word count for written parts of the submission: 500
- Previously published material can be submitted
- Creativity and style; coherence and readability
- Effective use of data, visualisations, and/or medium being used
- Strength of the topic and the applicant’s work