Application Closes: August 22, 2022
Hurray! Application calls for the Canon Collins RMTF International Scholarship Awards in South Africa for the 2022/23 academic session.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2023, we will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics, and Politics
2. Education policy and practice.
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology, and the Arts
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines.
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorisation. Applicants are urged to use their judgement in assessing whether to apply. But applications that do not fall within Justice, Education, or Humanities (for example MBAs, economics, medical sciences, sports sciences, and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
To commence the application process, applicants are requested to download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Applicable must be a national of or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, and Zambia.