Application Closes: 16 August 2022.
Hurray! The Chalmers University of Technology is pleased to offer all outstanding International students the 2023-24 doctoral students positions in Sweden.
The scholarship grants seeks to assist students who wish to commence a doctoral grants at the the University but lacks the financial capacity to pursue their academic goals.
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish institution that focuses its research and instruction on management-related subjects, architecture, the natural sciences, mathematics, and technology. For its efforts to create and spread information, skills, and solutions that benefit everyone, it is placed 342nd on the list of Best Global Universities.
Chalmers University of Technology’s objective is to improve and share information, skills, and solutions that benefit everyone. Chalmers teaches its students how to think independently and apply engineering principles to future problem-solving.
- You must have (or be close to obtain) a master’s level degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits. You should have a strong background in mathematics and machine learning and high grades in the core courses within these two subjects. Knowledge of information theory is meritorious.
- The ideal candidates for this position have a strong interest in pursuing theoretical research, are curious, creative, and independent, are able to present their ideas and findings effectively, and like to work in a collaborative international environment.
Method of Application
Students are required to submit an admission application via the university admissions portal. Applications for the position can be made online.
The Chalmers University of Technology will provide a good salary package to successful candidates.
- Claimants may be asked to attach the following documents:
- CV: (Please name the document: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
- Personal letter: (Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
2 pages where you can explain:
- Why you wish to pursue a PhD position and why you are interested in this specific PhD position.
- Why you think you are the right candidate for this position?
- Your career goals.
- Copy of master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and English proficiency certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results.
- To qualify as a PhD student, you must have completed a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- The students must have good verbal and written communication skills in English. If Swedish is not your native language.