Application for the Scholarship Ends: June 1, 2021
The University of Edinburgh is delighted to offer the East African Scholarships for students who have a dream of post-graduating from a reputable university in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic session.
This scholarship is designed to assist students who wish earn a higher degree but lack financial capacity to continue their studies. This opportunity also aims to encourage the students and bring out the potential to meet the sustainable development goals through healthcare.
About the University?
The University of Edinburgh, the sixth oldest university in Scotland, is one of the world’s top universities with five beautiful campuses namely in the Central area, King’s building, and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
At the University of Edinburgh, students get great opportunities to work with professionals and gain practical knowledge about the field along with industrial visits with faculty members. Students of the University of Edinburgh learn via a mixture of independent study, lectures, tutorials, and various other measures that are delivered by the institution’s expert faculty.
Application Type: Masters
The university will offer financial asistance to the applicants by covering the tuition fee of the course which will be tenable for 3 years.
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply as per the procedure of the university. Applications should be made to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Submit your CV and a 500 – 800 word summary of your reasons for applying for the master’s programme. Applicants who are currently practicing medicine and can demonstrate that they have:
- The potential to contribute to national and local policy; taking forward a new way of providing healthcare that is equitable and that goes some way to meet the Sustainable Development Goals for the future.
- A vision for improving the way that healthcare is delivered and who look to shape global health policy through the WHO agenda for more equitable and primary health-led care.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a medical degree (MBChB) or its international equivalent.
- Language Requirement: English Language.
- The applicants must have the required scores for the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition) total 92 with at least 20 in each section.
- CAE and CPE total 176 with at least 169 in each paper.
- Trinity ISE ISE II with distinctions in all four components.
- Most Preferred Countries: All East African countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course: Master of Family Medicine
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the given criteria:
- The opportunities are available to students born and working in East Africa who would like to study towards the Master of Family Medicine online distance learning programme offered by the University of Edinburgh commencing in September 2021.
- University: The University of Edinburgh
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Grants: Tuition fee
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: East African Nationals or Residents
- To access Grant: UK