- Application for programme closes: 14 January 2022
Applications for the Economic Affairs Internship programme at United Nations is now open at the Department of Economic and Social Affairs, in New York, USA.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time job. Interns will work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Duties required from successfully interns are as follows;
-Assistance in drafting, reviewing and preparing papers, presentations, studies, reports and any other relevant documents;
-Attending and summarizing conferences and meetings, including virtual meetings;
-Assistance during meetings, including virtual meetings; Research, compilation and analysis of information in tax matters, including in the areas of double tax treaties, transfer pricing, tax base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS),taxing the digitalized economy, the relationship between tax, trade and investment agreements, environmental taxation, international tax dispute resolution, and the taxation of the extractive industries, especially (in the case of all these topics) as they affect country development;
-Preparing and providing input for briefing notes, talking points, speeches and similar materials on tax matters and development cooperation issues for senior UN officials;
-Following relevant intergovernmental meetings (including virtual meetings) of the General Assembly and Economic and Social Council, and preparing draft summaries;
-Assisting with any other ad hoc assignments related to the work of the branch.
Qualifications for this Position
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following condition must be met:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
• Applicants who have graduated (as defined in (a) or (b) above), if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
• Applicants must be computer literate in standard software applications.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the Internship Programme. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
• Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
• Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
• List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
• List your top three areas of interest.
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills,
and three references.
- Department/Office: Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Country: USA
- City: New York
- Organization: United Nations
- Application Method: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic Applicants
- Application Type: Internship
To Apply for the Economic Affairs Internship programme at United Nations 2021