Closing Dates: 5 August 2022.
Technology has been the bedrock of human civilization and has been a tool of great influence. To see young minds actualize their potential, The Eindhoven University of Technology is delighted to offer international students the 2022 Doctoral Grants in the Netherlands.
The academic scholarship is open to students who wish to commence doctoral study at the Eindhoven University in the Netherlands for 2022/23 academic year.
About Eindhoven University of Technology:
The Eindhoven Institute of Technology (Eindhoven Tech) is a public technical institution dedicated to educating future engineers who will bridge the gap between market demand and technology capability.
Selection Criteria for International Doctoral Grants:
- You should have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or similar with excellent grades.
- A record that shows specific interest in signal processing and/or (Bayesian) machine learning
- You will develop open-source code for simulating machine learning experiments, so we put a high value on candidates with a strong professional record and interest in developing code. Please supply some evidence for your programming record, e.g., a link to your Github page.
- In order to complete a PhD, it will be essential to have a good written and spoken command of English. If you have written a MSc thesis (or published a scientific paper) in English, please send it along with your application.
- Finally, we appreciate a team player attitude, willingness to work hard and know how to have fun at it.
To apply for these study award, Interested students can apply to any research programme of their choice at TU/e through its http://en.csc.edu.cn/). Applicants that are accepted in their respective discipline will be considered.
While applying to this program, applicants are expected to submit the following documents;
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- a written scientific report in English (MSc thesis, traineeship report or scientific paper)
- copies of diplomas with course grades (transcripts).
English Language Requirements for Study:
The students must have an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
Scholarship Merits for International Doctoral Grants:
The scholarship winner will receive all the following study expenses:
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy, and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.