Closing Dates: August 30, 2021
The Heidelberg University and the University Hospital Mannheim are jointly is offering Full International PhD Scholarship award to all International applicants in Germany.
This Academic award is made available to talented and motivated students who want to undertake a PhD degree programme in Germany at the university for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Heidelberg Institution is a public research institution whose aim is to generate and harness knowledge and skills for the benefit of present and future generations while maintaining an open mind and tolerance for persons and ideas. It is one of the best public universities in Heidelberg, Germany.
Heidelberg University views the training of its students and young researchers to be equally as important as its academic and social commitments starting at the bachelor’s level. It provides for early integration into research subjects and procedures by employing creative approaches for research-based teaching.
Application Type: PhD degree Scholarship
The Heidelberg University will provide a good salary package to the high achieving candidates for PhD study at the University for the 2021/2022 academics session.
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the online application for enrol in PhD degree at the university.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents at the time of application:
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (payslip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a masters degree from a recognized university
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
- For English, the following proofs are accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with at least 90 internet-based TOEFL-test points (out of 120) or the TOEFL.ITP with at least 570 points (out of 677)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a result of at least 6,5 (out of 9)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Applicants who took part in an undergraduate program in which the language of instruction was English are asked to provide a suitable certificate from their Faculty.
Statement of Purpose
Write a statement (+/- 500 words) describing why you wish to become a member of HBIGS, your preparation for this field of study and your future career plans. Describe the area of biology you find most interesting, your previous research experience, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for the programme.
Criteria for Full International PhD Award at Heidelberg University in Germany for 2021:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Subjects: PhD project “Ensemble analysis of mRNA editing, modification, and processing in macrophages
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the given criteria:
- The applicants must have MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related subject; dedicated interest in RNA biology; strong background in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or immunology; high motivation.
- University: Heidelberg University & University Hospital Mannheim
- Department: None
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Grants: Salary
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: Germany