The University of Leeds is offering a full tuition for the Business School Economic Division scholarships to all outstanding applicants for the academic year 2021/2022.
This scholarship offer is open to home and international applicants and covers full tuition fees for those who wish to pursue a PhD degree programme.
Why study at the University of Leeds? The School is one of the highest leading Universities in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities globally (QS rankings 2020) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
Students across Leeds have access to some fantastic entertainment facilities to ensure they play just as hard as they work. As well as working hard to achieve your academic goals, university life is all about having fun.
Grants Due Date: March 1, 2021
The programme will provide the following study expenses:
- The award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 in Session 2020/21).
- To apply for this grant, you should follow these steps:
- Step 1 – first of all, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. You will be expected to meet our eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English once you have received your student ID number (a nine-digit number) move onto step 2.
- Step 2 – apply for the Leeds University Business School Economics Division studentship by working your way through the application form found here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a copy of your degree certificate, transcript, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying, personal statement, two academic references, an up-to-date CV, letter of sponsorship, if you need one.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study in the Leeds University Business School is an IELTS of 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking) equivalent. The test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course to be valid.
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities, including the UK
- Acceptable Programme: The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this application, candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree. Also, they should hold a British Masters degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university) or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 60% (or equivalent), and in an appropriate academic discipline.
- University: University of Leeds
- Department: Business School Economics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Full tuition fees plus a maintenance grant
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The grant is accessible in the UK