Application for scholarships closes: 30 April 2021
Australia Scholarships Awards for International students are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships, is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of individuals so they drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How To Apply:
To apply for this Award;
- Check the opening and closing dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. See the participating countries page for opening and closing dates.
- If you intend to apply, you must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities. Note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may revise and update the handbook at any time without notice.
- Some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications. See your participating country profile for more information
Check your participating country profile to see if your country requires additional supporting documents, such as referee reports (template below).
The Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities to citizens of participating countries, for full-time Undergraduate or Postgraduate study at Australian institutions.
- Organization: Australia Scholarships Awards
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level: Bachelor and Masters
- Grants: Fully Funded scholarships
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: Australia.