The University of Glasgow will offer the Humanitarian Study Award in the UK to all eligible and qualified applicants who wish commence study at the University.
The University will also offer 8 refugee scholarships to students who hold refugee status in the Country.
The scholarship is open to prospective undergraduate and postgraduate taught students of the University of Glasgow applying for entry in 2022/23.
Scholarship Eligibility for Humanitarian Study Award at the University of Glasgow
To be eligible applicants must
- Hold a firm conditional or unconditional offer for study at the University of Glasgow for 2022/23; and
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the UK Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter “The Convention”) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights or under Paragraphs 276ADE – 276DH of the UK Immigration Rules, provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
See available Region and Available programs here
undergraduate and postgraduate taught program
The scholarship meets the full cost of tuition fees for the duration of your programme as well providing an additional £5,000 per year stipend.
The Humanitarian Scholarship provides:
- Full tuition fee waiver for the duration of study*
- £5,000 per year stipend for study costs
- Accommodation costs for the duration of study (University of Glasgow accommodation only)
The Refugee Scholarship provides:
- For applicants with refugee status: £2,500 per year stipend
For more information on the accommodation criteria, please see the Accommodation Services section on the website.
Check out, University of Glasgow International 2022 Study Award for Africans
Scholarship applicants must be currently in the Uk on humanitarian grounds and hold an offer of a place to study to be considered for the scholarship, so we advise applicants to make a programme application prior to making a scholarship application.
Application entry will be open September 2022