International Awards at the University of Manitoba, Canada for the 2021/2022 academic session is now available to all interested applicants. This Study grant is open to all candidate across the globe.
The University of Manitoba is the largest university consistently ranked among the top in Canadian Universities. It offers various degree programs and has 27 academic departments f throughout the Bannatyne campus.
About the University
Founded in 1877, the University of Manitoba has been driving discovery and inspiring minds through innovative teaching and research excellence. Proudly located in the heart of Canada, the University of Manitoba has a strong and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and community partners. With more than 145,000 alumni living in 140 countries, their impact is global
Closing Date: October 1, 2021
Table of Contents
Every winning student will get the amount worth up to $240,000 (divided among eligible candidates) available annually.
How to Apply for the International Awards at the University of Manitoba, Canada 2021
To apply for this scholarship award, applicants should visit the University of Manitoba on aurora.umanitoba.ca to apply
The Spring/Summer General Bursary application is now available in the Aurora Student Portal. This application must be submitted by June 1st. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Students applying for the Spring/Summer general bursary program must be registered in a minimum of 6 credit hours between May 1 and August 31.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, must be receiving government student aid (commonly referred to as “student loans”) through their provincial student aid agency for the Spring/Summer Term to be eligible to apply for the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer bursary program. (Please note, applying to the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) COVID-19 emergency benefit is not the same as receiving government student aid for purposes of the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer bursary program.)
- Please note that eligible applicants from any province other than Manitoba must email a complete copy of their final government aid notice of assessment for the spring/summer term to the Financial Aid and Awards office by the bursary application deadline. If this is not submitted, their bursary application will be marked ineligible for funding.
- Manitoba student aid recipients are not required to submit a copy of their assessment as we will receive this information directly from Manitoba Student Aid.
Documents Required for Application
General bursary applications for Fall and Winter Terms will be available in the Aurora Student Portal in early August. This application, with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the Financial Aid and Awards office by Oct. 1. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All undergraduate students must register and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load over the regular academic session with registration in both the Fall and Winter terms. There are a few bursaries offered for part-time students registered in both Fall and Winter Terms.
- Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the Fall and Winter Terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Continuing University of Manitoba students must meet a GPA requirement of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. New students entering from high school must have a grade 12 average of 70 per cent or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.