Application Closes: August 31st, 2022
Great news! ETH Zurich is pleased to offer two outstanding and exceptional students who wish to commence a PhD Position in Computational Near-Surface Geophysics in Switzerland for the 2022/23 academic session.
The educational program aims to encourage international candidates who want to pursue a PhD degree in computational near-surface geophysics at ETH Zurich.
About ETH Zurich:
ETH Zurich is a public research university in Zürich, Switzerland. Founded by the Swiss Federal Government in 1854 with the stated mission to educate engineers and scientists, the school focuses primarily on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. ETH Zurich was ranked 15th in the world. ETH Zurich has a world-class reputation in academia and industry.
Additionally, ETH Zurich teaches fundamental knowledge and skills at the highest international level to ensure its students are equipped to deal with current and future challenges. ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities in science and technology and is known for its cutting-edge research and innovation.
Selection Criteria for ETH Zurich:
- Applicants must be domestic or International.
- Applicants should have a keen interest and preferably experience in numerical forward modeling and inversion. It is also planned to perform a limited amount of laboratory experimentation and fieldwork in the framework of both projects.
PhD degree in computational near-surface geophysics.
Method of Application:
- In order to apply for the stipend, applicants must submit an online application form. Please contact Prof. Dr. Hansruedi Maurer (email@example.com ); only online applications will be considered.
The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts
- Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in geophysics, physics, mathematics, or electrical engineering.
- Language Requirement: Students must have excellent proficiency or working languages in our group are English and German.
ETH Zurich will provide the salary for applicants. ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity, and attractive offers and benefits.