Closing Dates: October 15, 2021
Apply to study in South Korea through the Tuition Assistance Scholarships provided by The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for International Students who wish to commence their studies for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The sole aim of this application scheme is to support students who want to start their master’s and PhD degree programme at the University.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a prominent science and technology institution and a research-oriented multiversity in Gwangju, South Korea. It is also a member of the GIST-KAIST-UNIST-POSTECH-DGIST research-oriented universities society, which consists of GIST-KAIST-UNIST-POSTECH-DGIST.
The university aims to cultivate notable scientists and engineers, promote collaborative research with industry, and encourage critical thinking among students and researchers.
Application Type: Masters and PhD degree Scholarship
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology will provide the award amount up to 680,000 won for students in South Korea.
- How to Apply: Aspirants must take admission to the university. After that, they will be automatically considered for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Submit an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, academic records/transcripts, and two Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: The minimum TOEFL score for acceptance into graduate programs is 80 of IBT, 550 PBT. They also accept the score of IELTS, TOEIC, and TEPS(Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University) when the applicant doesn’t have a TOEFL score. The minimum score for acceptance is 6.5 of IELTS, 750 of TOEIC, and 600 of TEPS(327 of New TEPS.
Qualifications for International Student Study Awards in South Korea 2021:
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Courses: Masters and PhD degree programme at the university
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be overseas students
- Applicants must be going to enroll in the graduate degree programme
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level: Masters and PhD Degree
- Grants: Up to 680,000 won
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: South Korea