Application for Scholarship Closes: 1 November 2021
Judge Ralph J Perdriau international award is now accessible to all international student at the University of Sydney, Australia.
The Study award is open to all applicants who wish to commence a higher degree course work in Law for the 2021/2022 academic session at the University.
About the University?
Established in 1850, the University of Sydney is an open research university, which is known to be among the world’s top universities. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including professional degrees, specialist degrees, and liberal studies degree. The courses are divided into various subjects, namely Art and Social Sciences, Architecture, Design and Planning, Business, Medical and Health, and Social Work and Music.
At the University, Students are also provided experienced faculty members and practical exposure to the research industry. Also, the university is visited by expert professionals that help the students for a better understanding of the curriculum.
Degree Type: Masters
This program will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year). Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) are also provided.
The scholarship will also cover the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for a successful international applicant (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies at the time of the award.
Stipend allowance duration:
- Up to 1.75 years for a successful full-time LLM by Research recipient. No extension is possible.
- Up to 3 years for a successful full-time PhD recipient, with a possible extension of 6 months.
- Academic course fees and SSAF duration:
- Up to 7 research periods for a successful full-time LLM by Research recipient. No extension is possible
- Up to 12 research periods for a successful full-time PhD recipient, with a possible extension of 2 research periods.
- To apply? you must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of Sydney. After being registered, candidates must submit an online application form for this study grant.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit official documents to support their application, including a scanned copy of your passport identification page.
Other documents you may need include:
- English language results
- academic transcripts
- degree certificates (testamurs)
- scholarship documentation
- marriage/change of name certificate.
- Language Requirements: meet our English language requirements. If you have completed a recognised English language test, the required score can be found on the right hand side of the course page.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Laws (LLM) by Research within the Sydney Law School
- Be willing to conduct research in common law
- Hold at least one of the following degrees:
- A Bachelor of Laws (Honours First Class) or equivalent, or
- A Master of Laws by Research, or
- A Master of Laws by Coursework including a research component equivalent to 25% of one year’s full-time enrolment.
- have completed a recognised tertiary qualification.
- University: University of Sydney
- Department: Law
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Grants: Educational fund
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not Stated
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: Australia