Closing Dates: March 26 2022
The application portal for the Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship 2022 is now open!
Applicants from the New Zealand and Australia or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa are eligible for this application.
The Scholarship will provide support to overcome difficult personal circumstances by providing financial assistance for the first two years of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course in any major.
The Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship was established in honour of Linden Little. The Scholarship was developed to assist students experiencing financial hardship or other educational barriers which can make it difficult to access and succeed in tertiary education.
Study Type: Undergraduate Degree
Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship 2022 Study Eligibility:
Applicants must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- A current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 or above including bonus points; or
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicant, with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 69 or above or have received an offer through the Jumbunna Direct Entry Program;
- Commencing their first year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice (BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac) degree at UTS
Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship 2022 Award Value:
Paid over 2 years
- Academic merit.
- Financial need and other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship Application or the Educational Access Scheme. Applicants who have experienced long-term educational barriers and/or financial hardship due to any of the following will be considered:
- Have carer responsibilities
- Are from regional and remote areas;
- Have language difficulties, including from a non-English speaking background;
- Refugee background;
- Have a disability or long-term medical condition;
- Are a sole parent;
- Are an Indigenous Australian
- Experienced educational disruption and/or personal hardship
- Motivation to succeed in their undergraduate Engineering course as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
All candidates for the Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship must apply using the online Scholarship Application Form and follow any further instructions outlined on the form.
- Apply through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or the Educational Access Scheme and therein demonstrate financial hardship and/or other educational barriers;
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree unless part-time study has been approved;
Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for both scholarships by completing this application form you will also considered for: