Closing Dates: December 6, 2021
Application calls for early birds who wish to apply the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship Award for International Students, 2022-2023 in the USA.
About the Full MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship Award for International Students, 2022-2023
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program (TLU) supports students in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by providing undergraduate level academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development. TLU is a leadership-training program, partnering with leading U.S.-accredited universities in the MENA region to build a cadre of community, business, and national leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally-skilled.
TLU targets students from around the region who are academically qualified, but who are otherwise unable to afford American-style higher education. Students will enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program in one of the hosting institutions: The American University of Beirut (AUB), The Lebanese American University (LAU) in Lebanon and The American University in Cairo (AUC) in Egypt. Each host university offers a civic awareness and leadership-based component and participants receive mentoring and internship opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations. In addition each student has an opportunity to study abroad in the U.S. for one semester.
Participation in the program includes: full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years) at one of the participating universities, health insurance, housing, monthly living allowance, two yearly round-trip tickets from and to your home country, civic leadership and career-oriented workshops, internship opportunities, and faculty mentorship and guidance.
The USA hosts the maximum number of international students every year because of its quality education, unique curriculum, multicultural environment, and abundant opportunities.
- Full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years)
- Housing (double room occupancy)
- University health insurance
- Entrance visa and residency permit fees
- Monthly living allowance
- Two yearly round trip tickets from and to your home country
- Opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S. (subject to maintaining a CGPA of 3.0 and above)
- Civic leadership and career-oriented workshop
- Internship opportunities
- Faculty mentorship and guidance
Who is Eligible?
- For the fall 2022 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria, Yemen, and Iraq;
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2021. In Yemen, Syria and Iraq current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2020 or 2021;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training if needed;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2022.
Note: U.S. Citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply.
- How to Apply: The applicants must visit the university website to apply to the preferred university. Applicants must log in here to participate in the scholarship programme.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school transcripts
- Valid Egyptian passport
- Admission Requirements: Students must submit all documents required by their host university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 55
Founded in 1951, Amideast is a leading American nonprofit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We believe that self-forged, fulfilled lives lead to understanding, mutual respect, and a more peaceful, productive world.
- Department: Not stated
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Grants: Tuition fee
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants:Not Stated
- Nationality: International
To access Grant: