Closing Dates: July 24, 2022
Hurray! The Mexican Government is delighted to offer exceptional International scholars the 2022 excellence scholarship grant in Mexico for the 2022/23 academic session.
The scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) for international students from 180 countries to pursue bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees in Mexico.
Through the granting of Scholarships of Excellence by the Government of Mexico for foreign students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and reaffirms its commitment to promoting cooperation actions to promote the formation of high-level human capital. The presence in Mexico of foreign students, academics and scientists, women and men, contributes to the construction of permanent and long-term bridges of dialogue that enrich the foreign policy agenda with actions of exceptional value for the country and for its foreign partners. . Likewise, HEIs and the Mexican academic community benefit from greater internationalization.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student not living in Mexico
- Be academically excellent
- Meet the requirements of the program being pursued
- Have an excellent academic background in related disciplines
The Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, living stipends, visa, costs as well as the expenses of the air flight back to the recipient’s country.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Scholarship application form, duly completed and signed.
- A letter detailing the reasons that motivate you to carry out the studies or research in Mexico. (Maximum 2 pages, with letter Arial size 12 and single line spacing).
- Curriculum vitae. (Maximum 3 pages, with Arial font size 12 and single line spacing).
- Letter of academic acceptance from the Mexican institution recipient or response of the HEI to the application for admission (see Requirements section of the acceptance letter).
- Letter of commitment to return to the country of origin.
- Letter of acceptance of the terms of the Call.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- Copy of the valid passport in color and in open book format or government-issued photo ID.
- Copy of the medical certificate issued by a public institution or private health, with a maximum of 3 (three) months prior to the presentation of the application, indicating that the Applicant is in good health.
- In those cases in which Spanish is not the mother tongue of the applicant, must submit a copy of proof of advanced knowledge of the Spanish language issued by any university or educational center for its accreditation, which guarantees a minimum level of B2, within the Common Framework European Reference.
- Letter in which the applicant states under protest to say the truth, that the information provided is true.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.