Closing Dates: 1 February 2022
Great offer to all outstanding women! the Professor De Winter Study Award seeks to assist bright and very high achieving academic women into their scholarship grant. The scholarship program is available for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Professor de Winter and Mrs. de Winter were highly involved in UT programmes and with ‘their’ students. Their heirs continue to be involved in their honour by awarding a scholarship of € 7,500 to an excellent female student.
The Professor de Winter Scholarship is provided by the inheritors of Professor de Winter and his wife. Professor de Winter was one of the founders of the research and education department of the ‘Technische Hogeschool Twente’ – which later became the University of Twente. In 1969 he became the first career counselor of Technical Physics. At that time, he had already been appointed as professor of Applied Physics at the department of Electrical Engineering.
- € 7,500 per year for the full duration of your Master’s programme.
- If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND COUNTRIES:
DURATION FOR PROFESSOR DE WINTER STUDY AWARD FOR WOMEN 2022:
Two years study programme.
- The student must have obtained an average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year of the programme;
- The student must have obtained at least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year programme;
- The student must have obtained 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme.
This scholarship is only available to excellent female students ONLY.
NOTE: You cannot apply for a Professor de Winter scholarship yourself. You need to be nominated by your faculty, after you have applied for the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).