Application for Reuters News Summer Internship Program for 2021 is ongoing in Poland. The Organisation is looking for ambitious, highly motivated and outstanding graduates/ final year students with excellent language skills to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk, Poland, for a three-month internship.
Applicants must speak fluent English and have strong conversational skills in at least one additional European language. They will bring a strong work ethic, a readiness to learn quickly and an obsession with winning.
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Nationality: All Nationalities are eligible
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Application Type: Internship type
Duration: 3 Months
- Fluent English and very good knowledge of one other European language
- A strong interest in journalism and/or financial markets
- Excellent writing and communication skills; translation skills a strong plus
- Attention to detail, comfort with handling data and facts accurately and quickly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- A burning desire to be first with the news
- How Reuters is the fastest news agency in the world, delivering market-moving news to traders, investors and consumers globally within seconds
- How to work in a time-pressure environment that requires strong judgment, exceptional attention to detail and fast reflexes to identify key information from a financial statement
- How news events impact financial markets, using the leading professional financial terminal, Refinitiv’s Eikon, to monitor prices and analyze developments
- How to plan coverage of major corporate earnings releases and economic data indicators such as GDP and inflation
- How to create multimedia packages for Reuters News online clients
- How to translate market reports, general, political, economic and company news stories from English at speed (into Russian, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
- Paid, three-month internship at a global news agency in our Text team
- Dynamic, international, diverse working environment
- Opportunity to join the biggest Reuters newsroom in Europe
- Chance to collaborate with other journalists across Europe
- On the job learning and training, with access to Thomson Reuters University resources
- Mentoring through the internship period