Closing Date: February 16, 2022
Application calls for the Schulich Leader Undergrad Scholarship Award in Canada 2022. The scholarship is awarded to outstanding young Canadian high school students who have demonstrated: academic excellence, school and community leadership, and/or financial need.
This study grant is available at the University of Manitoba, Canada for the 2022/23 academic session to all Canadian students from high school who wish commence Undergraduate study at the University.
Schulich Leader Scholarships are Canada’s most coveted undergraduate STEM scholarships. Up to one hundred are awarded to entrepreneurial-minded high school graduates enrolling in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math program at 20 partner universities across Canada.
University: University Of Manitoba
Schulich Leader Undergrad Scholarship Award in Canada 2022 Study Criteria:
Applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is graduating from a Canadian high school, secondary school, or CEGEP.
- Be nominated by your high school, secondary school, or CEGEP.
- Applicants should Have Academic Excellence, Leadership, Charisma, and Creativity.
- Be entrepreneurial-minded and intend to pursue a career in one or more of the focus areas of technology, engineering, entrepreneurship and business enterprise, and applied scientific research.
- Strong consideration will be given to students with financial need.
- Applicants Must not be pursuing a career as a practicing physician and/or medical researcher (e.g., doctor, dentist, nurse, psychologist, pharmacist, optometrist, etc), and not intend to become a professor and conduct theoretical research.
- Applicants Must Not be focus on activism (i.e., environmental, political, or societal)
The value of this scholarship depends on what program you are applying for:
- $100,000 over four years for students entering an Engineering program
- $80,000 over four years for students entering a Science, Technology, or Mathematics program
The U of M is a great choice for Schulich Leaders – They offer the kind of research-based environment for learning where you can be challenged and thrive!
- Get nominated by your high school counsellor by January 26, 2022
- The nomination form must be completed and submitted by your high school counsellor or other school administrator. Only one student can be nominated per high school (four per CEGEP).
- Apply to the Schulich competition by February 16, 2022
For more information on the application and nomination process, please visit the Schulich Leaders website.