Application for scholarship closes: July 31, 2021
SEARCA’s Full Master’s and PhD International Awards is now available to all outstanding applicants who are interested in earning a degree for the 2021-2022 academic year.
SEARCA is giving the academic fund to SEAMEO member countries’ nationals, i.e., Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. It focuses on supporting scholars to pursue advanced studies leading to masters and doctoral degrees in agriculture, forestry, and related sciences.
About the university?
Established on November 27 1966, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), is one of the oldest among 26 professional institutes of the SEAMEO. SEARCA is mandated to encourage institutional potentials in agricultural and rural improvement in Southeast Asia.
Why apply for SEARCA’s PhD study program?
The reason behind this is to encourage performance, effectiveness, and harmonization of higher learning in Southeast Asia by system analysis, empowerment, and mechanisms to expedite higher education sharing and collaborations.
Scholarship Type: Masters and PhD degree
The SEARCA’s Full Master’s and PhD The studentships are providing the following given benefits to the outstanding and talented scholars for their masters or PhD degree:
- Covers tuition and other school fees;
- Travel allowance (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation);
- Thesis/dissertation support;
- Book and supplies allowance;
- Health insurance; and
- Stipend for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
- How to Apply: To apply, Aspirants can fill the online application form to apply for the studentship (also, for further enquiry, you can check the country-specific information).
- Supporting Documents: All the applicants might be required to submit the following documents:
- An original or certified true copy of the transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University
- Original or certified true copies of certificates of completion/diploma for every degree completed
- Certificate of employment
- Reference/ Recommendation from the employer
- Current curriculum vitae
- Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
- IELTS result (6.0) or TOEFL iBT result (75) taken within two years before application, as proof of English proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for the applied degree field at the chosen University.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability through various certificates like GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
- Preferred Countries: Citizens of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
- Eligible Subjects: The bursary is available for the master’s and PhD degree programs in agriculture or related sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the eligible countries
- Must not be more than 35 (Master’s Degree) or 40 (PhD) years of age at the time of application
- Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation(ATTAIN) with the following priority areas: Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income, Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management, Food and Nutrition Security, Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD), Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD, Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience, and EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD;
- Areas of interest that scholarship applicants must pursue should be in agriculture or related sciences, which include but are not limited to those that fall under the following program clusters: Agricultural/Biological Sciences, Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering, Economics and Agribusiness, Environmental Sciences, Forestry and Fisheries, and Social Sciences.
- Organization: SEARCA
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level:Masters and PhD
- Grants: Full scholarship
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: Not stated
- Nationality: International and Domestic students.
- To access Grant: in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand