Closing Dates: April 9, 2022
Hurry Now! Application calls for the Latest Project Associate International award in Artificial Intelligence in Serbia. The scholarship award is open for the 2022/23 academic session.
This project aims to support the efforts to build internal capacities of the ITE for effective coordination and implementation of the digital government strategy, providing support to other institutions in introducing e-services, building a common ICT infrastructure and shared services, and maintaining close relations with the key stakeholders and the public.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with assisting countries in eradicating poverty and achieving sustainable economic growth and human development. It is the largest UN development agency, with operations in 170 countries and headquarters in New York City.
Additionally, the UNDP places a premium on building local capacity for self-sufficiency and prosperity over the long term. It manages investment projects, technical training, and technological development. It provides experts to assist in the development of legal and political institutions, as well as the expansion of the private sector.
To be selected, applicants must be meet the following criteria:
- At least completed secondary Education.
- Six years of work experience, preferably coordinating and assisting projects in priority sectors (medicine, energy, telecommunications, transport/mobility, smart cities, education, agriculture, justice/ethics, security, environment, public administration).
- Alternatively, if in possession of a bachelor’s degree, three years of relevant work experience would be required.
- Experience in teamwork and coordination of complex projects/processes that included extensive communication, coordination, and facilitation requirements;
- Experience in partnership building at the international, national, regional, and local levels;
- Experience working in an international organization will be considered an asset.
- Experience in organizational activities;
- Evidence of ability to express ideas clearly and to work independently and in teams;
- Demonstrates a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Serbia’s political, institutional, and socio-economic situation;
- Familiarity with current policies and legislation in the field of Artificial Intelligence;
- Experience in digital transformation and/or Machine Learning and/or AI tools;
- Familiarity with the main governmental, non-governmental, and international actors in AI will be considered an asset.
candidates have to submit the online application form.
UNDP Organization will provide a salary for successful applicants for the academic year 2022-2023 in Serbia.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their duration, the qualifications, and the contact details of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experiences, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in information technology, mathematics, political science, public policy, economics, international relations, or a related field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Students must have excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.