To develop talented and brilliant students who desire to earn an undergraduate degree, the Lithuania’s Government is providing Short-Term Studies International awards for the academic session 2021-2022.
Lithuania has a long-standing higher education tradition and offers foreigners a warm climate. Students can choose to study full-time or part-time.
Why should you apply for this programme? The Lithuanian higher education system has a great many things to do, but for a prospective student, a lot can be daunting. More than 500 study programmes, taught in English, are offered by a wide range of Lithuanian universities that international students can choose from.
Application for Scholarship Closes: 5th of April 2021
The Government of Lithuania will offer scholarship worth of 400 EUR. to Students of the third study cycle and local studies approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly approx scholarship of 800 EUR.
- How to Apply: To be considered for this programme, applicants are required to take admission in an undergraduate degree programme.
- Required Documents: Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Completed application form
- The Conditional Agreement for Studies
- One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other educational staff, tutor or employer
- Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must need to submit previous year’s degrees or certificates with good academic results.
- Language Requirement: TOEFL and IELTS are appropriate, as are CPE or other generally accepted measures of English competence. If the applicant does not possess any of those credentials, then a signed letter verifying the language proficiency of the English or Lithuanian professor of the home university is also appropriate.
- Acceptable Countries: Applications are accepted from the following countries:
- The Eastern Partnership countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
- ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Lithuania priority export market countries: Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Turkey, South Africa Republic.
- Eligible Course: Undergraduate degree programme in any course offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must have to receive an official endorsement of acceptance from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution.
- Must have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme.
- Provider: Government of Lithuania
- Department: Not stated
- Degree Level: Undergraduate degree
- Grants: Up to 400 EUR.
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: 25
- To access Grant: in Lithuania.