Closing Dates: 02 May 2022.
Great offer! Application calls SOAS University of London Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship Award In UK for the 2022/23 academic session.
The scholarship targets students who wants to commence a full-time or part-time MPhil or PhD degree coursework at the University in UK.
About SOAS University of London
Established in 1916, SOAS University of London is a public research university in London. SOAS is recognized as the world’s leading Asian, African, and Middle Eastern studies. It is a modern, inclusive, and forward-thinking university located in the heart of London, England. They are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about our world’s economic, political, cultural, security, and religious challenges.
The SOAS University of London is an outstanding institution of higher learning. Every year, it welcomes talented and high-achieving students from all over the world, regardless of their community, colour, or nationality, to study here.
- Open to Home/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants are expected to have an outstanding academic record. Usually, a 2.1 or first in their undergraduate degree and must typically possess or expect to be awarded a Merit or Distinction in their Master’s Degree.
- New applicants to the MPhil or PhD program (new admissions, starting in September 2022) must
- Students must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in the field of Indian art from 1500 up to the present day. Preference will be given to those who undertake research in the field of modern and contemporary Indian art.
- The students are required to submit an official SOAS research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in the field of Indian art from 1500 up to the present day. Preference will be given to those who undertake research in the field of modern and contemporary Indian art.
- You will need two references for MPhil or PhD students only; one should be from your supervisor. Please send the reference form to each of your referees. The reference form may be downloaded from the box at the top right.
- A formal application form
- A supporting/personal statement
- An up-to-date CV or Resumé
- A Research Proposal
- Full academic transcripts of your College/University studies to date
How To Apply
MPhil or PhD degree course work taught at the University
To be be admitted, applicants should have a first or good second class honours bachelor’s degree from a UK university, or international equivalent, in a subject appropriate to that of the programme to be followed.
The SOAS University of London will provide an award up to a maximum of £5,353. The scholarship is for one year only.
All international applicants must show that their English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete their course at SOAS University.