Closing Dates: 30 November 2021
The Sogang University Global Emerging Scholarships Award in South Korea for the 2022/2023 learning year is now available to all desiring applicants.
As learning is regarded an important tool to eradicate poverty, the Global Emerging Scholarships III is made available for all international students who wants to commence study at the Sogang University in South Korea.
The selection of students for this award will be done by the Admissions Office selects based on financial, academic, and other capacities. International freshman students are eligible applicants and can receive partial tuition fee support up to 8 semesters under this grant.
Sogang University is a private research university in Seoul ranked 34th among national universities was established by the Society of Jesus aims to educate citizens with outstanding leadership abilities, who can contribute to the society and nation with the spirit of devotion, sense of responsibility, mature and integrated characters.
Sogang University offers an education that strives to create intellectuals with academic excellence and creativity, following the Jesuit tradition that has been pursuing qualitative excellence of education. It contributes to world peace by understanding the current changes of the world at all times and responding to the changes with critical judgments.
Location: South Korea
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate degree
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Application:
- How to Apply: Students are requested to make their admission applications via the Sogang University portal. All international students that fit the eligibility criteria will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Financial proof documents
- Copy of identification
- Letter of recommendation
- Certificates of educational qualification
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: Students must be graduates (or expected graduates) of high school or those with an equivalent educational background.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOPIK – Level 6
- TOEFL IBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 210
- TOEFL PBT – 80
- IELTS – 5.5
- TEPS – 50
Study Perks for Sogang University Global Emerging Scholarships Award in South Korea 2022:
The students will be awarded a quarter scholarship consisting of admission fees + a quarter of the tuition for 8 semesters of any undergraduate programme at Sogang.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Program: Undergraduate programmes offered at Sogang are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, The students must have a grade point average of 2.50 or higher out of 4.30 to continue receiving the scholarship.