Application Deadline: Wednesday 13 October 2022
Pursue your academic goals with the aid of the GATES scholarship award in UK for the 2022/23 academic session at the University of Cambridge in UK.
The Gates Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. The first class of scholars came into residence in October 2001.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for choice of course
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- leadership potential
The GATES Scholarship Application Method
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
The GATES Scholarship Duration and Award:
A Gates Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. This is the more reason its a fully funded scholarship opportunity
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2022 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
* The University Composition Fee varies for different types of students; applicants should see the Graduate Studies prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student from the European Union has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities they must accept this and the Trust will not pay these fees.