About the Awards:
Apply for the The University Of Oxford Rhodes Scholarship Awards For West Africa in UK 2022. The Rhodes Scholarships, established in 1903, are the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities.
Closing date: 23:59 GMT 15 September 2021
Oxford University UK
You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 15 September 2021.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes House website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Up to 25 candidates may be shortlisted by the Selection Committee following their initial review. All shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an interview (to be conducted either via Zoom or Microsoft Teams or Skype or WhatsApp video or any other appropriate platform) within 24 hours of being notified of their status. From those shortlisted, up to 15 finalists may be selected by the Selection Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement (a dinner with the selection committee and other finalists) and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. Interviews will be held in either Accra or Lagos on a Saturday between November and early December No candidate will be selected without an interview. Travel expenses within West Africa and overnight accommodation in Accra or Lagos will be provided. The 2022 Rhodes Scholar-Elect will be announced immediately after all Finalists have been interviewed.
- All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- For more information on application process check here
Fees + £15,900 per annum stipend
- Nationality/citizenship: Citizens of countries as mentioned above.
- Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten years.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (there are few exemptions depending on either your course of study or year of graduation)
- Academic achievement: You must have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with the highest classification your University awards, e.g. First Class Honours, or a Distinction in the case of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy courses.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.