Application for Scholarship Closes: May 31, 2021
Get empowered today and develop your learning skill by applying for the Ti Hua KOO and Dorothy VEE KOO Admission international awards offered by Lee Woo Sing College in Hong Kong.
These funding offers are open to support school students complete their higher learning with less financial stress. The academic bursary is open for the 2021/2022 academic year Chinese University of Hong Kong..
About the University?
The Chinese University Hong Kong was founded by the university council in 2007 and admitted its first class of students in 2011. Lee Woo Sing College is one of the new colleges of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The college has more and diverse opportunities for young minds with different aspirations and will help achieve their goals to enable succeed in life.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate degree.
The Chinese University Hong Kong will offer scholarship via Lee Woo Sing College will provide five non-renewable financial aids of HK$40,000 each to be awarded per annum. The total amount is HK$200,000 per annum.
- How to Register: To apply for this award, applicants must take admission in an undergraduate degree at the college. After that, they can achieve this grant.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are required by the University:
- A photocopy of each of your Hong Kong Identity Card, Dependant Visa, Passport and Entry Permit, if applicable
- Copies of your academic transcripts and public examination results, and other credentials (if applicable):
- high school reports / transcripts and graduation certificate / diploma
- diploma / sub-degree transcripts and graduation certificate
- university transcripts/degree certificate
- result slip(s) of public examination(s) (e.g. IB / SAT / AP / ACT / GCE / GCSE / IGCSE / Gaokao / others). The University Code for College Board (for submission of SAT / AP results) is 5690, and for the ACT, it is 7050.
- English / Chinese language test results (e.g. TOEFL / IELTS / others). The University Code for submission of TOEFL results is 0812.
- certificates in support of professional/academic achievements
- Personal Statement (Resume / Curriculum Vitae (optional))
- Recommendation of an academic referee (online or by hardcopy)
- Entrance Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the college.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should have attained one of the following qualifications and the corresponding minimum attainments to be considered for admission to the University. English Language Tests
TOEFL (iBT): 80
SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 590
ACT combined English / Writing or English Language Arts (ELA): 23
GCSE / IGCSE / GCE-OL: C (For GCSE / IGCSE, which uses the new 9-1 grading system, Grade 4 will be taken as equivalent to Grade C)
GCE-AL / AS: E
HKDSE: Level 3
Australian State or Territory High School Certificate Grade 12 English: 80%
Canadian Grade 12 English: 70%
Indian Central or State Board Exam Grade 12 English: 80%
Malaysian SPM / UEC-Senior English Language: C / B4
Singapore GCE A-Level H1 General Paper: C
GSAT / AST English: Top 13% of the cohort
- Preferred Countries: Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau
- Acceptable Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be a full-time Year 1 non-local undergraduate from Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau.
- Commit to be affiliated to Lee Woo Sing College and choose Lee Woo Sing College to be the first choice in College affiliation,
- Have a serving community mindset and some community service experience.
- Have an acceptable academic result,
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background.
- University: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Department: Not Stated
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Grants: HK$200,000 per annum
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: 5
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: in Hong Kong.