Application for Scholarship Closes: October 31, 2021
Dream of studying in South Africa? There is an opportunity for you to actualize those beautiful dreams of yours by applying for Turning the Tide Scholarships for International Students in South Africa.
This study award is provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, to all ambitious and intelligent applicants who wish to commence a higher degree course work at the Stellenbosch University in South Africa for the 2021/2022 academic year.
About the Institution:
The Stellenbosch University is one of South Africa’s leading tertiary institutes based on research products, learner pass rates, determined scientists, and known globally as an academic institute of excellence.
The study grant is available to foreign students who wish to apply for Masters and PhD degree programme at the University.
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation is partnering with Stellenbosch University to provide the academic award of up to 400,000 ZAR (PhD) and up to 105,000 ZAR (MA) to the outstanding students at the university for the academic year 2021/2022.
Masters and PhD degree in Cultural Studies, English Literature, ESL & English Language, Psychology, Music
- How to Apply: To apply for the study grant, applicants must take admission at the university, after taking admission aspirants can navigate the online portal to access the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application;
- A motivation letter (no longer than 600 words);
- A preliminary research proposal, no longer than 1000 words, underlining the unique contribution your research will make to the existing body of knowledge in the particular field of study, the problem statement, the methodology / theoretical framework / philosophical underpinnings you intend to use and the feasibility of your study;
- A certified copy of your full academic transcript;
- A certified copy of your Honours or MA degree certificate – or foreign equivalent (if you have completed the qualification but have not yet obtained the certificate, official proof from the institution concerned that the degree will be delivered before March 2021);
- A certified copy of your South African ID or passport (for international students).
- Entrance Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility requested by the University.
- Language Requirement: English Language.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters and PhD degree in Cultural Studies, English Literature, ESL & English Language, Psychology, Music
- Requirements: To be eligible for the grant, the applicants must have to meet the given requirements:
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum of 75% for their previous degree;
- Applicants are expected to provide a sample of their writing with their application: MA thesis for PhD applicants Honours research essay for MA applicants any published academic articles related to your application;
- At the date of application, applicants must not be older than 30 years to apply for a Master’s scholarship and not older than 35 to apply for a PhD scholarship;
- Students are not required to be registered or to have a supervisor. They should, however, inform themselves with regard to the availability of supervisors in their particular field of research before submitting an application.
- University: Stellenbosch University
- Department: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Degree Level:Masters and PhD degree
- Grants: Up to 400,000 ZAR (PhD) and up to 105,000 ZAR (MA)
- Application Mode: Online
- Available Grants: 15
- Nationality: International
- To access Grant: South Africa.