Closing Dates: 20 January 2022
Get this great offer now! Apply for the University of Sydney International Study Award in Dairy Science in Australia 2022. This scholarship is available to all high achieving International students from across the globe.
This scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to a PhD student who is undertaking research on Unlocking the Potential of Kikuyu (Project 1 of Dairy UP program). Research in the PhD project will explore opportunities and limitations for C neutral pasture based dairy production systems.
This scholarship is funded by Dairy UP, administered by the University of Sydney’s Dairy Research Foundation and supported by the NSW Government and the Commonwealth Government through the Bushfire Industry Recover Package – Sector Development Grants program (BIR-SDG).
Students who wish to commence study for the 2022/23 academic session are advised to apply.
- Domestic or international student
- PhD in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Research into the balance of greenhouse gases of dairy production
Study Perks for University of Sydney International Study Award in Dairy Science in Australia 2022 :
This scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance of $40,000 per annum for up to three years.
This scholarship will provide academic course fees and student services and amenities fee for up to twelve research periods.
An extension for up to six months is available, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
This study award will also include overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for a successful international student.
How to apply:
- be a domestic or international student
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- be willing to research into the balance of greenhouse gases of dairy production, using combination of methodologies including modelling and field studies
- hold an honours degree (first class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component
- have a background in veterinary or animal sciences; dairy production in intensified systems (TMR)
- be willing to receive the required vaccinations to work in a farm environment.
To access Grant: