AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships application process at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology in Kenya. Learn the best way to apply for the AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) in partnership with the African Network for the Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems (AfricaLics), presently based at the African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS) in Nairobi is providing one (1) fully funded PhD scholarship award. This scholarship falls within a 5-year trilateral research program on Transformative Innovation, the 4th Industrial Revolution and Sustainable Development that is funded by the South African National Research Foundation and the British Council, United Kingdom. The Program is a partnership between the University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa, ACTS and the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) at the University of Sussex in the UK. It aims at strengthening African scholarship award on transformative innovation as well as policy putting in context, the fourth (4th) industrial revolution and struggles to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The PhD project will support the program’s agenda.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships?
- Is the AfricaLics Trilateral Chair PhDs Scholarships Form out?
- When will the Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology Scholarship start?
- I need a Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology Scholarship update, etc.
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from Kenya.
Benefits of the Scholarships
- The JOOUST -based applicant will get a full scholarship award to foot their tuition fees as well as basic living costs as per the Universities policies. Applicants will have to be enrolled as full-time in order to get the total/full studentship.
- Doctoral degree study programs require at least three (3) years and a maximum of four (4) years enrollment for full-time study programs.
- Be a holder of a Masters in Information Communication and Technology (ICT), Agriculture, Environment, Engineering, Energy, Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Sociology, Public Administration, Technology Management, Sustainable Development, Bio Economy (Biotechnology, Nanotechnology etc.), Science and Technology Policy or related field from recognized Universities across Africa. The candidate MUST show experience in sustainable development and innovation, as well as deep knowledge of an African context. Inclination will be given to candidates with interdisciplinary Masters in relevant disciplines e.g. Innovation Studies, Development Studies, and so on.
- Fulfill specific requirements including course work as maybe stipulated by the respective Department, School/Institute with regard to the field of study.
- The research proposal must demonstrate interdisciplinary methodological skills.
- Only applicants from Kenya are eligible.
How to Apply
Documents Required for Application
Please, ensure you provide the following documents, compiled into a single PDF document:
- A one-page covering letter detailing the candidate’s motivation for desiring this PhD. Please, kindly specify which JOOUST faculty member or the approved visiting academics/Professor that might supervise the PhD and whether or not they have been notified about this.
- Candidate’s CV.
- A letter of recommendation (it may be from a supervisor and/or a senior professional in a related discipline).
- A short proposal (at most ten (10) pages) detailing the applicant’s proposed PhD research. Proposals will be chosen based on the compatibility of the proposed research with the theme of this Call. See below for guidance on the proposal structure.
We welcome applications from fittingly eligible people, regardless disability, of age, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
Applications should be forwarded by email to Dr. Ann Kingiri ([email protected]) and Dr. Calleb Olweny at [email protected] by 26th July 2020. Please, kindly indicate the subject of the mail as “Trilateral Chair PhD scholarship application”.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 26th July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.