In this article, the application process for Canon Foundation Research Fellowship at Kyoto University in Japan will be explained in details. Here, we will help you learn the right way to apply for the Jennifer Arnold Memorial Award for the academic year 2020/2021, via Kyoto University Scholarship Portal.
In summary, interested and qualified candidates are going to be systematically guided on the most appropriate way to put in for the Canon Foundation Research Fellowship.
As a result of the Memorandum of Understanding agreed upon between Kyoto University (KU) and the Canon Foundation in Europe (CFE), the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program commenced in 2018. The program provides fellowship awards to very qualified researchers in disciplines of research that are related to African Studies. The program is intended to support
1) Fellows from Kyoto University (KU) that want to do research in Africa, and;
2) Scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutions in Africa that want to do research in Kyoto University (KU).
At Kyoto University (KU), several researchers conduct their research in Africa in a wide range of disciplines.
The Kyoto University (KU) Africa Office was approved back in April 2019 as an international office that is jointly operated by the Center for African Area Studies as well as the Interdisciplinary Unit for African Studies. With help from International Strategy Office as well as Research Administration Office, the Africa Office will systematically connect research, education and social service happenings of the departments that have been active in Africa, and additionally expand cooperative partnerships with universities, research institutes as well as foreign organizations in the area. The Africa Office will also seek to advance activities that add to the development of Africa’s capacity.
The Kyoto University (KU) Africa Office is situated at the Institute of Ethiopian Studies in Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. Addis Ababa has a hub role as the gateway to Africa and has several international organizations like African Union (AU). Kyoto University (KU) is expected to additionally develop research/ education exchanges in Africa, ones that have been active for over 60 years, to promote its presence by setting up the office in Africa.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of Canon Foundation Research Fellowship
The financial aid for successful candidates is in a range between from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro every year and is pro-rated for different times. CFE will administer directly the payments and inform the detailed payment process to every successful candidate.
Candidates is required to have a minimum of an MA degree and employed either at Kyoto University (KU) or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of application.
How to Apply
Documents Required for Application
Please forward the following documents to Kyoto University Africa Unit via [email protected]:
- Your research plan that includes a clear title at the top of the page and starting/ending dates of the planned research. The research plan is required to include a general expense estimate, which includes living, travel, research expenses, insurance, and so on (not more than two (2) pages)
- Two (2) letters of reference (not more than one (1) page each) from two (2) people. One letter should be from someone in a position to comment on your academic qualifications and professional work while the other should be a confirmation letter from your prospective host university that can make available research or work facilities to you during the planned period.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- 1 copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree
- 1 passport size photograph of yourself
- 1 list of your academic publications or professional accomplishments in a chronological order containing details on all authors, place as well as year of publication page references.
The application deadline for Canon Foundation Research Fellowship at Kyoto University is 15th February 2021. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.