Hello, if you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships application process at Host Organizations in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for the academic year 2020/2021, via Commonwealth Scholarship Portal.
In summary, this article is going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for interested and qualified applicants.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship awards are meant for mid-career professionals from low as well as middle income Commonwealth nations to spend a period between six (6) weeks and three (3) months at a United Kingdom Host organization working in their sector on a professional development program.
Financed by the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowship awards offer motivated and talented professionals the chance to further their knowledge as well as skills in their given sector.
These Fellowships are offered under six development themes:
1.Science and technology for development
2.Strengthening health systems and capacity
3.Promoting global prosperity
4.Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5.Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6.Access, inclusion and opportunity
Purpose: To offer professionals the chance to further their knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to result in a catalytic effects on their work-places.
The CSC seeks to identify skilled and motivated individuals that possess the potential to bring about change. We are dedicated to a policy of equal chance and non-discrimination, as well as welcome applications from a diverse range of applicants.
All available positions.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from Commonwealth countries all over the world.
Benefits of Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Each fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area. Exceptionally, depending on the program arranged, a peripatetic living allowance may be payable.
- Further details if applicable will be given at the time of offer.
If a Fellow asserts a disability, a full assessment of needs as well as eligibility for additional financial aid will be provided by the CSC.
Arrival stipend of up to £953.45 at present rates, which includes an element for warm clothing.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
To be eligible for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been given refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British-Protected Person.
- Be permanent resident in a qualified Commonwealth nation.
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships program, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of application)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic program of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programs of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to undertake the Fellowship between 1 February 2021 and 15 March 2021. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Commonwealth Scholarships on fs29.formsite.com to apply
The closing date for the submission of references is 4pm (BST) on Monday 17th August 2020 Your application must include at least two references by this date, one of which must be from your current employer, otherwise it will be considered ineligible.
Once the closing date for Fellows’ applications and references has passed your application will be shared with the Host organization you have applied to in order for them to review all applications and nominate the candidates they wish to put forward to the Commission. The Commission will make the final selections of individual Fellows.
If you have any enquiries about Commonwealth Professional Fellowship awards, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. General enquiries about applying for Commonwealth Scholarships or Fellowships sent to this email address will not be answered; please use the Contact us form instead.
Visit Award Webpage for Details
The application deadline for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships at Host Organizations is 3rd August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.