Looking for a study grant in the United States? The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is for new international students who want to get a graduate or undergraduate degree in the USA at East Tennessee State University.
Eligibility Requirements at East Tennessee State University
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, and graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
Award Process at East Tennessee State University
All applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered for the scholarship:
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
- Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in their admission letter. For undergraduate students who wish to accept the scholarship, you must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form during the new student check-in process.
The ETSU Scholarship Value per Academic Year.
Undergraduate students: Up to $12,500
Graduate students: Masters level students up to $5000 and Doctoral students up to $9,000
Award Terms and Conditions:
Undergraduate students: up to 8 semesters provided the minimum eligibility requirements are maintained.
Graduate Students: Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
Scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs (Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Grad Assistantship, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government funding, Fulbright grants, etc. Scholarship cannot be used when students are paying in-state, or Erate tuition.
Other conditions as outlined in the Acceptance Form.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
- Second Bachelor’s degree applicants, if previous Bachelor’s degree was granted by ETSU.
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
- Students who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
For questions, please contact: ISSS@etsu.edu