Postgraduate Research Scholarship application process at University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Liverpool Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
Applications are hereby welcomed from eligible and academically qualified international postgraduate students for Postgraduate Research Scholarship who demonstrate excellent academic achievement and wish to enroll in a degree program at University of Liverpool for 2020/-2021 academic session.
New inorganic materials are required to further technologies like batteries for electric vehicles as well as grid storage, and to also advance basic science. This PhD project is an exciting opportunity for the experimental synthesis and detailed characterization of new inorganic solids. The project will combine synthetic solid-state chemistry, advanced structural analysis (crystallography) and measurement of physical properties, with the opportunity to focus on one or more of these aspects during the project. The project will concentrate on the discovery of new bonding types and structures in inorganic solids, as exemplified by materials containing three anions1-2 and inorganic materials with unit cells of comparable size to proteins3.
You will work closely with a strong team of computational and experimental material chemists working together in the discovery of new materials. The student will be part of the £8.6 million EPSRC Program Grant in Integration of Computation and Experiment for Accelerated Materials Discovery, and based in the newly-opened Materials Innovation Factory at the University of Liverpool. The scholars will develop skills in teamwork and scientific communication as well as getting knowledge and experience in materials synthesis and crystallographic technics, as computational and experimental researchers within the team work closely together. There are extensive opportunities to use synchrotron X-ray and neutron scattering facilities.
The University of Liverpool welcomed applications from students with a 2:1 or higher master’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science, particularly those with some of the skills directly relevant to the project outlined.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Postgraduate Research Scholarship?
- Is the Postgraduate Research Scholarship Form out?
- When will the University of Liverpool Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Liverpool Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Liverpool Scholarship Portal.
- Materials Science
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Full tuition fee & maintenance grant of £15,009
Candidates are expected to acquire the following eligibility criteria for the fully funded Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Liverpool;
- Candidates must be international students;
- Students admitted into a postgraduate degree program;
- The award is available for postgraduate in Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science courses offer at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honors program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Liverpool, UK;
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Liverpool’s minimum’s English language proficiency requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Liverpool on www.liverpool.ac.uk to apply
To be considered for this award, applicants need to apply for a postgraduate research degree at the university.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.