Closing Dates: April 1, 2022
The Cardiff University UK is excited to offer the Summer Research Internships in Gravitational-Wave Astronomy to very intelligent Undergraduates at the University.
This Internship program is open to students from across the globe, it gives the applicants the required opportunity to conduct research with the Gravity Exploration Institute over the summer vacation.
Durations and Perks:
The duration is usually four to eight weeks, but the timescale is flexible based on mutual agreement of the applicant and their mentor.
The internships include a subsistence allowance of £275 per week.
Applicants must attach with their applications the following:
- an unofficial transcript (a copy of your course marks)
- curriculum vitae
- two reference letters, preferably sent separately by your references.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible research topics include:
- modeling binary black hole orbits and their gravitational wave emission
- strong field tests of gravity
- the development of techniques for detecting gravitational waves from supernovae or from the inspiral of neutron-star and black-hole binaries.