If you are reading this article, it means you have heard about the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2020.
This article contains the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program application process at Research Institutions in Germany. Here, you will be enlightened on the benefits, requirements as well as deadline for this fellowship. And of course, the application for the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via DAAD Fellowship Portal.
In summary, interested and qualified applicants will systematically learn the right way to apply for the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
Are you a highly qualified postdoc? Could you well imagine working in Germany? But you would also like to spend a period of time pursuing research in another? Then apply for a place on the “Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience“(PRIME) program.
DAAD commenced a program back in 2014 that was christened “Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience” (also known as PRIME). This program was to help the international mobility of postdoctoral researchers by giving them non-permanent positions at German universities instead of conventional scholarship awards. The program has been financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as well as the European Union (EU/FP7/Marie Curie Actions/COFUND). Finance is provided for eighteen (18) months, in which twelve (12) months have to be spent overseas and six (6) months (the re-integration phase) is to be spent at a German university. This re-integration phase is compulsory. The salary is administrated during the whole sponsoring period by the German university.
With co-finance from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as well as the European Union, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers young postdoctoral scholars the opportunity of researching overseas for a period of time, combining it with a research phase back in Germany. What is special about this program is that is provides jobs, not scholarships. Applications are welcomed from postdoctoral researchers across all nationalities and subjects.
DAAD scholarship program in Germany is a private, federally sponsored and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the higher education institutions in Germany, which represents 365 German institutions of higher education (i.e. 100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, as well as 52 colleges of music and art). The DAAD itself doesn’t provide programs of study or courses, but gives excellence-based, competitive grants to be utilized toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German higher education institutions.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Basic salary as well as international stipend, and also travel fares for the researcher, his/her spouse/partner and their children.
- Invitation to attend an orientation seminar before program begins.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD completed before the start of funding.
- Freedom in choosing the nation for the research phase overseas, provided that the applicant was not there for a total of more than twelve (12) months there in the previous three (3) years.
- Agreement of the host institution(s) in Germany and overseas.
- Confirmation from the German host institution that it is willing to give employment to the postdoctoral researcher for the whole funding period once funding is approved.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on www.auslands-stipendien.de to apply
- The application form is available in the application portal. To access the portal, please, kindly click on Stipendiendatenbank für Deutsche.
- Please, be mindful of the instructions when registering on the portal, select English as the portal language, activate, where necessary, the compatibility view of your browser and select English as the browser language. After registration on the portal, please click on the tab that says “personal funding“.
The application deadline for DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Research Institutions is 31st August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.