Top of the morning to you, and welcome. You are here reading this, which means you have heard about the International Research Fellowship Program 2020.
International Research Fellowship Program application process at German Cancer Research Center in Germany. Learn the best way to apply for the International Research Fellowship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via German Cancer Research Center Scholarship Portal.
In summary, we are going to carefully enlighten interested and qualified applicants the right way to apply for the International Research Fellowship Program.
Table of Contents
The Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research in Heidelberg gladly calls for your application to the DKFZ and be part our cancer research by several prestigious scientists.
Germany’s largest biomedical research institution, the DKFZ has a global as well as a dynamic work environment, offering students the access to state-of-the-art research facilities as well as outstanding resources. Over 500 PhD students in more than 100 divisions and research groups conduct research to understand the causes as well as mechanisms of cancer development and to find new tools for diagnosis, treatment as well as its prevention.
The DKFZ International PhD Program in Heidelberg (which is also known as the Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research) is the inter-disciplinary designed graduate schoolfor all doctorate students that are working at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ). Our doctorate students carry out research at the forefront of basic, epidemiological, computational as well as translational cancer research.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of International Research Fellowship Program
- All doctorate positions at the DKFZ are totally financed for three (3) years. The salaries are competitive by national standards. There is no tuition fee.
- Doctoral researchers granted a doctorate position via the biannual selection rounds are financed either by a DKFZ doctorate contract (65 % of a TVöD EG 13) or by third-party financing from their group leader.
- In addition to DKFZ doctorate positions, the DKFZ provides scholarship awards to foreign PhD applicants in partnership with the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) within the Graduate School Scholarship Award Program.
- Applicants still studying for their master’s degree should anticipate to receive it not later than 6 months after they have been accepted to the PhD program.
- A transcript or provisional certificate from the university, stating the examination marks already obtained, should be provided.
- During completion of the online application form you will be required to upload a scanned copy of your certificates as a JPEG or PDF file of not more than 3MB.
Applicants who are presently working at or have once worked at the DKFZ are eligible for application via the online system. However, they must show in the supplementary details that they are presently working (or have previously worked) at the DKFZ and provide information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) on www.dkfz.de to apply
Please apply using our Online Application System.
In the application form, you are required to provide details about your educational qualifications, skills, honors as well as interests. A statement of motivation is also needed and recommendation letters from two (2) referees. When completing the online form, ensure you have electronic copies (PDF files of at most 3MB) of your academic certificates as well as English language certificate to upload along with your application. If you have enquiries concerning the online application procedure, please, kindly check the FAQs. A well-detailed application rules will be provided in the Online Application System after you register.
Please don’t forget to click the submit button once you have completed the online application form. Your letters of recommendation do NOT already have to be submitted by your referees in order for you to submit your application (see link below).
The application deadline for International Research Fellowship Program at German Cancer Research Center is 15th December 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.