DSM Brighter Living Scholarship application process at One Young World Summit in Germany. Learn the best way to apply for the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via One Young World Summit Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
As an age-old partner of One Young World, DSM is pleased to provide the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
DSM supports SDG 2; ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture. This scholarship supports DSM’s strategy to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries, and is further related to tackling development issues and achieving sustainable agri- food systems. The food security and livelihoods crisis has been amplified by COVID-19 health risk, is a major health concern and reason for further spurring investment in Nutrition. Immune health hasn’t ever been more relevant as it is now during the COVID-19 response time. Strong proof shows that good nutrition is important for a very healthy immune system.
In line with the expansion aims of DSM to help more nations, this scholarship award aims at to aiding two (2) young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Nigeria, Rwanda, Egypt, Zambia, India, Ghana, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Kenya and Ethiopia who delivers nutritional solutions for their societies. Particularly, the scholarship scheme searches for entrepreneurs who are advancing the agri-food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising consciousness of the significance of a balanced, nutritional diet.
- Building brands: increasing nutritious and responsible brands which are attractive as well as affordable for the societies that require them most (specifically those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local product or nutritional produce to serve local societies.
- Furthering small holder farmers’ value chain: developing and implementing programs to get rid of post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and advance the quality of their product (particularly elimination of aflatoxin in maize).
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for DSM Brighter Living Scholarship?
- Is the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship Form out?
- When will the One Young World Summit Scholarship start?
- I need a One Young World Summit Scholarship update, etc.
- One Young World Summit Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Admission to the One Young World Summit of 2021 in Munich.
- Hotel accommodation on a sharing basis between 22nd April and 26th (inclusive) April, 2021.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transportation fares between the Hotel accommodation and the venue of the Summit.
- Partaking in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops/seminars pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation).
To be eligible to get this scholarship award, you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- A national of Nigeria, Rwanda, Egypt, Zambia, India, Ghana, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Kenya or Ethiopia.
- Have 3 – 5 years’ experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
Selection Criteria: One Young World will evaluate applicants dependent on their:
- Evidenced dedication to delivering positive change
- Exhibited capacity for leadership
- Understanding of important local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize candidates with an evidenced dedication to addressing malnutrition in a local and/or national context. Particularly, the scholarship award seeks applicants who accomplish this through
- Shaping opinions and advocating for good nutrition.
- Developing nutritional brands.
- Locally producing products or produce for local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers’ value chain.
- Looking for: curious and ambitious scholars thinking big on how to impact the agri-food systems in their home markets to provide nutritious foods.
How to Apply
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 10th August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.