FDPS Progression Scholarships application process at University of London in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the FDPS Progression Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of London Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the FDPS Progression Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the FDPS Progression Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies (FDPS) is one of the most comprehensive and longest running Pre-master’s programs in the United Kingdom and offers a total package of preparation for postgraduate study which includes academic subjects, a research project and research methods classes, and also academic English and study skills.
The SOAS pre-master’s program is a ten-month study program providing language and academic preparation for overseas students who want to enroll in Master’s degrees (researched and taught) at British universities in Arts, Business and Management-related studies, Social Science and Humanities.
The FDPS Progression Scholarship awards scheme will run for a fifth year for students commencing their Pre-master’s in 2020.
Once again we’ll be granting six (6) scholarship awards to students enrolling in FDPS in September 2020. We’ll double the value of the scholarship award to £2000 if you go on to a Master’s degree at SOAS commencing in September 2021. FDPS students are guaranteed offers on Master’s programs at SOAS. See the FDPS Progression page for a full list of the marks required for entry to each Master’s program.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for FDPS Progression Scholarships?
- Is the FDPS Progression Scholarships Form out?
- When will the University of London Scholarship start?
- I need a University of London Scholarship update, etc.
- University of London Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Number of Awardees: Six (6) scholarships
Value of Scholarship:
- £1000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners which should be paid by the first day of the program – 23 September 2020. Please, kindly note that, so as to apply for a visa to study on FDPS, applicants are required to meet the English language criteria for study at pre-master’s level.
- An additional £1000 will be deducted from the scholarship award winners’ postgraduate fees if they register on a postgraduate program at SOAS in September 2020. This will be in addition to the 5% fee discount provided to all FDPS students that progresses to SOAS.
Duration of Scholarship: Ten (10) months.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place before 30 June 2020 so please apply early. You can find the application form on the FDPS program page.
- You won’t need to apply separately for the scholarships. In June, we will consider all applicants who have firmly accepted offers by the end of May.
- If you enroll on to a Master’s at SOAS in 2020, you’ll receive the £1000 scholarship as well as the 5% fee discount which all FDPS students going on to SOAS get, so you will save more than £2000 on your Master’s fees.
- All applicants who apply for FDPS 2020 and firmly accept an offer of a place before midnight (23:59 UK time) on 30 June 2020 (and also the payment of a 10% deposit) will automatically be assessed for a scholarship award, except applicants who already have an offer of a place at SOAS with no academic requirements at the time they apply for FDPS.
- Scholarship awards will be granted on academic excellence and will be determined based on the student’s university transcript, English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Scholarship awards will be granted to applicants who are interested in postgraduate study at SOAS and who show the potential to accomplish the entry criteria and to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of July 2020. The decision reached by the Head of IFCELS Department on the scholarship awards will be final.
How to Apply
You can find the application form on the FDPS program page.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 30 June 2020 (23:59 UK time). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.