LLM Scholarships application process at University of Kent in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the LLM Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Kent Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the LLM Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the LLM Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Law School has created a major fund to assist international students from Thailand, Kenya, or Nigeria who assume a full-time, taught LLM at the Canterbury Campus of the University of Kent. This scholarship award grants a tuition fee discount of £2,500 to entrants who fulfil the requirements or criteria stated below. The University will evaluate eligibility for the scholarship award after an application for entry to the Kent LLM has been completed and submitted. No further application for the award is needed.
The University is one of the country’s leading academic institutions that produces world-class research, rated internationally outstanding and leading the way in many disciplines.
They are a forward-thinking research institution, committed to the transformative power of education and research and to the development and support of our students and staff.
Graduate attributes are talents that our students develop throughout their program at Kent. Through curricular and extra-curricular activities (societies, paid employment, volunteering, and sports), they improve skills which result in the development of particular graduate attributes that top employers are looking for: confidence, integrity and accountability, creativity and motivation, global/cultural awareness, critical reflection, intellectual curiosity and resilience.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for LLM Scholarships?
- Is the LLM Scholarships Form out?
- When will the University of Kent Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Kent Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Kent Scholarship Portal.
Master of Law, LLM.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students in Kenya and Nigeria.
Value of Scholarship: £2,500 tuition waiver.
- Have a valid international passport showing nationality of Thailand, Kenya, or Nigeria OR have successfully finished a Bachelor’s degree at any university in Thailand, Kenya, or Nigeria (regardless of nationality).
- Be categorized by the University of Kent as an international or overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- Be fully self-funding your studies
- Have decisively accepted an offer of a place on the taught Kent LLM at the Canterbury Campus of the University of Kent for entry commencing in September 2020 or in January 2021, and have fulfilled the academic conditions of entry/be accepted for entry
Selection Criteria: the scholarship awards are granted on the basis of academic excellence.
How to Apply
The University will evaluate eligibility for the scholarship award after an application for entry to the Kent LLM has been completed and submitted. No further application for the award is needed.
- This scholarship award can be held in conjunction with other awards and scholarships offered by the University of Kent, except where they are specifically provided by Kent Law School (in which case only the scholarship award which grants the greater monetary value overall will be given). Please contact us for more information.
- Graduates of the University of Kent are also eligible for the scholarship award provided they meet the above stated requirements.
- Although the Kent LLM is a one year, full-time program of study, where students are required to continue their studies into a second year, the award will only be provided for the first year of study
- Successful applicants will be notified by email after their offer to study on the Kent LLM is definitively accepted.
- Notification will be in August, and September.
The deadlines for the scholarship award application are as follows;
- 31st July 2020 for September 2020 entry
- 16th November 2020 for January 2021 entry
Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.