HP Cyber Security Scholarship application process at University of Queensland in Australia. Learn the best way to apply for the HP Cyber Security Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Queensland Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the HP Cyber Security Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the HP Cyber Security Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
The HP Women in Cyber Security Scholarship scheme was created in 2020 and is sponsored/maintained by a yearly gift from HP PPS Australia Pty Limited.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to assist meritorious female students with the costs of tuition fees while completing the Master of Cyber Security at The University of Queensland.
The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading teaching and research institutes. We strive for distinction through the creation, preservation, transfer as well as the application of knowledge. For more than a 100 years, we have educated and worked with exceptional people to impact knowledge of leadership for a better world.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for HP Cyber Security Scholarship?
- Is the HP Cyber Security Scholarship Form out?
- When will the University of Queensland Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Queensland Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Queensland Scholarship Portal.
The following courses are available for the scholarship award:
- Computer Science
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Up to 5 Scholarships may be awarded each year on the recommendation of the Associate Dean.
The value of the Scholarship award is $20,000 every year payable towards the expense of tuition fees of the approved Program.
A candidate is eligible for the Scholarship award, subject to University approval, if the candidate:
- submits an application to the Associate Dean latest by the deadline for applications;
- is a female student;
- is registered or wishes to register full-time in at least #8 per semester in the Master of Cyber Security; and
- Does not have another scholarship award that the Associate Dean deems similar.
Selection Criteria: For the selection process, the Associate Dean must create a selection panel, which will comprise:
- the Associate Dean, or a nominee, as chair of the panel;
- one representative from HP; and
- one member of the University’s academic staff presently teaching in the Approved Program
The Scholarship award is granted to the candidate that shows greatest merit, as exhibited by:
- academic accomplishment to date in studies used to satisfy admission into the Approved Program;
- personal qualities, including leadership potential; and
- Any other matters that the selection panel deems relevant to the candidate’s future success in the cyber security field.
The selection panel may well decide to interview short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
You may wish to prepare these documents in advance before commencing the on-line application form. As part of the application you will be requested to upload your cover letter, resume and copies of any academic transcripts or qualifications you may have (if applicable).
- Cover letter addressed to Dr Liza O’Moore, Associate Dean (Academic), The University of Queensland, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology. Your cover letter will include details of your strength of interest in your field of study; any leadership experience; professional interest area; career ambitions; personal qualities and how will you benefit from this scholarship.
- Resume, maximum of 2 double-sided A4 pages (this will include your skills summary; education; validated leadership skills; personal qualities; any extra-curricular activities / membership i.e. community service, engagement, sporting or cultural accomplishments.
- Copies of any academic transcripts or other qualifications you may have (if applicable);
Please combine your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts and so on into ONE pdf file. Please save your file as Surname_FirstName_Aquatec.pdf, for example Smith_Jane.pdf. You will be required to upload this document for this on-line form.
Other important information:
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Candidates may be requested to participate in an interview as part of the selection process.
Applicants will be notified via email (to UQ student email or the email provided at the time of application) if shortlisted for an interview.
Interested and qualified? Go to The University of Queensland on survey.app.uq.edu.au to apply
This scholarship is subject to University approval.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 10th July 2020 11PM. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.